Saturday, June 30, 2007

I put the Horror in Horror Voulge.

When last I left you all I was 30 WAR and mentioned that I got WAR to about 40 now. Now I will attempt to weave the story about how I got to this level. I jumped from the Jungles right to the Citadel thanks to some brave Party leaders. This was before I sought advice from Froh so I was still single Axe with a shield tanking. This was also far from a decent Axe that didn't cost me 200K-ish. Yea, noob WAR, look out. The important thing to me at the time as the fact that I had Kamphf gear. My legs and Feet but it was better than Eisen all around. I'll explain how a noob afforded Kamphf gear like this: I owe another LS member another favor, this time a little mischievous Tarutaru. Bad idea on my part, I'll probably end up dying a couple of times helping her.
Oh well I'm shiny now. Everything is going great. For a really long time. I hit 31 and then 32. I run back to town to get a Warrior's Axe. Along the way I find that I can take out a Raptor all by myself :D Being a WHM so long I hardly knew the feeling of standing my ground and fighting something. And winning! :D
32-36
Blah. I tank like a pro. The black mage could mana burst, the mob would turn around, I'd just have to boost and I'd have the mobs attention again. Like a Pro. I even had a hate fight with a Ninja but we were 35-ish so it's not a fair evaluation of Ninja Vs. Warrior but still: HE CHEATED! Elemental wheel >.> and he knew I couldn't let him die so he for went shadows. HE CHEATED. enough said.
37
Here comes the honorable mention of the post: Doc again helped me. He loaned to me a weapon of ridiculous power. The Horror Voulge:
DMG: 60 Delay: 489
VIT+1 Attack +8
I didn't need to provoke anymore. I just had to hit the damn thing and it would keep it's eye on me. Even with Defender, I just have to put one provoke and Boost and keep whacking. Ninja sub be damned!
After all that I took a break and farmed with my new Toy(THANK YOU DOC!) that was the funnest thing I've done in a long time. After the fund were gathered I planned to level blm to sub level at least.

Note: Reuben - Blamethrower

2 comments:

Paul Bauman said...

Ooooh Horror Voulge! Gimme!

Wise choice on the gear change. Warrior's don't evade for crap, and the shield almost never procs decently.

You're best off finding a nice balance between hefty damage (to keep the mobs attention) and some def/vit (to keep your hate from bleeding away). Good call on subbing /MNK for tanking. It enables you to take some hits and, as you said, use Boost as a cumulative hate tool.

I wouldn't recommend Defender unless you're really getting pummeled, since it can reduce your hate generation (if that's what you're going after).

Congratulations on a job well done ^_^ Glad you're enjoying Warrior.

It seems we've swapped jobs, eh?

Anonymous said...

You know whats strange about that weapon? It has amazing stats but they sell it pretty cheap. Think I got mine for less than 10k