Wednesday, June 27, 2007

You have my Soul and my Sword.

I've said before that I was a gimped whm. Well I finally decided to change all that. I was gonna get all my Teleports. ALL OF THEM. Okay not really, Tele-Vazhl could rot for all I care. Tele-Yhoat is the s$%* though and same goes for Altept. So to do this I enlisted a good buddy of mine and LS mate: Loferecuent, the drunken bard! He got bard to lvl 70 some how while drunk. And thankfully with Lof came his NPC! I need to get one of those...And another friend of mine and LS mate: Evey! The prettiest Elvaan lady. She was about 50 RDM. With them aggro from the tele spawn points was gonna be easy squeezy. My two wonderful elvaan helpers were assembling and getting other things done. So I decided to run and do something completely different!(Evey and Lof have real lives and needed to attend to them, who am I to ask who/why/what?)
I went to go get myself started on DRK/SAM/PLD unlocking. I went over to Bastok and some of it's mines to get my Emosword. Grabbed that and then ran off to Kazahm in hopes of getting to Norg alive. Which happened but I got lost, upon reaching the cliff which divides the lowlands with the highlands I tried running my choco directly off the cliff...for thirty minuets...roughly. I then got off my choco and tried running down myself, choco's don't go into certain zones any how. Noooope. The reason that I got to Norg was because I am lucky, no skill just luck ;.; Another bard I did not know from anywhere; Dravion ran by and we chatted for a moment.he was willing ot show me the way and sent me an invite to party. I basically interrupted a merit party ;.; He showed me how to get down without dying. Then how to get to Norg without dying.
Norg is a very strange place. It's like Pirate Ninja Samurai Mercenary Headquarters. Which is a complex idea and at the same time nonsensical. I'm some what surprised that Corsair isn't unlocked there. I may never under stand things like this. But I did grab the pop items for the NMs that needed to be killed to unlocked Samurai. I quickly looked over the spects and saw that the requirement of hte quest was 30. I had lvl 41 WHM. This looked like it was going to be too easy, so I ran out the the Highlands and tried ot kill Forger. I buffed up and ran in cause that's all I could do. The end results: Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
It was laughing at me -_- It ate through my stoneskin in two hits. It then snorted up my shadows from blink. To say the least I died, quickly and I quote Lof: "Are you wearing toilet paper armor?"
To which I responded; "I'm a WHM."
So Lof came to help and he brought Evey after I re-obtained the pop item necessary for another Forger. This time, Loferecuent ATE FORGER. I love that drunken bard. Lof even has a Swan Bilbo, he might be one of the only Bards on our server that has that.Either way after Forger was eaten it was on to some other thing in the Sanctuary of Zi'Tah, I think it was a Gobbie. Lof literally killed it too fast, I popped it and then there was something in the treasure pool...I love that bard. Lof and Evey ran to Jueno to resupply and wait for me to get my Samurai sword. Which I did...after I got disconnected and reconnected. Three hours of trying to figure wth happened until I finally got back on and unlocked Samurai. Then ran over to Jueno myself and instructed Lof and Evey what was going to happen.
The plan was this:They would check on spawn locations for the incense while I checked on a different set of spawns.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Operations begin!
After a period of Lof running down holes killing what ever he saw and I Sneaking and invisible-ing Lof found the damn trigger. I instructed him to basically kill anything that spawned around the candle thing while I ran to his position. Lof enjoyed this plan far more than he possibly should of. It was not long before victory was ours.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
On another note, I need to get one of those NPC things.
Any way, I went back to good old Sandy to get my Teleport-Mea while Lof and Evey enjoyed each other's company. I notified Lof that I needed Tele-Dem and He said something like: "lol@< teleport-dem >"
That was dealt with without problems or notable happenings.
Teleport -Yhoat was COMPLETELY different. To get the spell one must obtain a piece of Elshimo Marble, which is Rare/Ex, and trade it to the missionary in Kazahm. This reeks of Sand' O rian imperialism but feh...I need teleports. The plan at first was to wander through the surrounding jungle killing White lizards and Marble lizards accordingly. No one liked this plan but it was the only thing I thought up around 11 P.M. and I think 1 AM for Lof and Evey. After about...30 minutes of that we found a spot where the damn lizards regularly spawn. I pitched a tent, Evey started a fire, and Lof sang some songs and we went to work on the lizards. Well the lizards have a laggy spawn time so we killed Coeurls and gobs to pass the time.
Two hours later we each have about half a stack of coeurl meat and a random assortment of lizard parts but no marble. Lof was still soldiering on with Evey in pursuit, like they were competing for damage dealing, while I operated as a mass puller. I would sleep/bind/Dia II lizards to get them to come to Lof. He would weapon skill one shot one of them and then chip away at the second while Evey got the third. I was a whm, I couldn't hurt a fly so I hasted Lof and Evey and cured them. Pretty nice set up all things considered.
Then a freaking piece marble drops. Evey, being the funny gal she is lots on it. I freak out, Lof laughs his ass off, and Evey then passes on it. I lot and Banishaga II everything to celebrate. We run over to Kazahm and I get told that I need to go to Sandy to get it carved into a statue of THE goddess. That is all done hte next day. But right as that moment I Tele-Dem Lof and Evey to the Highlands. Lof wanted to camp Stray Marry again for the Horn of Mary. Evey, the kind girl, was willing to help. I logged off for the morning. Basically I got Teleport-Yhoat.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Thanks Lof, thank you Evey. (I casted Invisable on Lof XD)
I'll get to my leveling spree(s) later.

3 comments:

Darrett said...

Congratulations on getting your teleports. WHM DD isn't that spectacular in the lower levels, heheh, so be wary even if you're levels higher than the supposed mob (esp with NMs). However, don't completely write off WHM either. We're decent ^^ I managed to solo my Elshimo Marble as a level 50 WHM/15THF, very slowly, very painfully, but I managed.

Hope your BRD friend gets his Mary's Horn. That instrument is invaluable. I wanted a Swan Bilbo once, but after camping that guy for 8 hours straight without it popping I gave up and got a Joytoy instead...*grin*

Jowy said...

Gratz with all those achievements........eheheh new teles are certainly valuable things for all WHMs..i remember getting mine before the required level, going outside with my NPC Savul and lolBRD slaying things if needed.

Alison the Amazing Thief said...

Congrats on your teles. Sounds like you have some good friends there.

Thanks for the kind comments on my stories. I'm so glad you enjoy them. I still have lots in my head to write down so you should see more trickle out for quite some time still.