Saturday, April 14, 2007

I'm a big WAR now!

To explain;
I've hit WAR level 30. So I can equip a lot of new nice things. Eisen/Kapmf gear is the first to come to mind. Which is a set that will probably last me until level 40 on WAR if I take it that far. I just might :P And as for the argument that the Eisen NOR the Kamphf gear can carry you until 40, I offer this: The Silver chain set provides about 5 points more DEF and it seems to me the only people arguing for the level 36 upgrade to Silver chain are either goldcrafters or associated with gold crafters. That and the stats provided by the Eisen/kamphf gear is invaluable at lvls where you fight Mandies who know Kung Fu. SO THERE. EISEN/KAMPHF FOR ME 'TILLZ 40. :P
That is a joke. I will want to get a kinda of DD WAR set up too but right now I'm focusing on Tanking. Mostly because Ninjas can't tank beautifully right now >.> So I'll have to duo tank with them mostly. Plus I take about 10 dmg from Kung Fu Mandies right now. I am happy with that ^_^
Trust me I know NIN's who could get hate so well I could Banishaga I, II, Firaga, and then Cure VI them. The Mob wouldn't budge, that stuff is bananas.
During the tread to get to 30 I was a very lucky SOB. I got great parties. The first was a duo 'party' with a BLU taru, named Eclypse(I think >.>).
Now a lot of people say BLU is broken. I have to agree to a degree. This guy was getting Kung Fu Mandies Down to about 12% on his own. Then dying, horribly. I would think the principle of Blue mage is that you can kill things fast; YAY! And you wear mage armor so you can Die fast; NOUH! End Rant.
Awesome dude and damn nice. He gave me two free T. Tacos. Tacos in FFXI are full of WIN. That is another topic though. We are killing things pretty damn fast. 400 XP in 10 minuets. Then rest for another one. See the only thing he really needed me for was to tank and make sure he survives that last 12% of Kung Fu. Which I did well. Especial while with the powers of the tacos, I love those things. After I leveled we found a Monk. I like Monk and monks, they are a simple and enjoyable job, punching things in the face DOES NOT GET OLD. :P My Linkshell generally has about three monks on it at all times. The Monk was also a Taru named Strikerx...of the same character model as Eclypse. It got weird. Either way we are dealing out the damage. 500 xp in about 10 mins. Barely needed the BLU to rest. I also have to thank Square Enix for the patch with signet, I love not losing TP while resting. And the HP resting bonus and the smaller party bonus. Makes the game easier on everyone but not a cake walk. Which this game has never been. XD It got to an impossible hour and we broke pt. I think everyone leveled. I know I did.
Then it was to my second string of good luck. A full pt! Where I got to Tank! YES! And no NIN! YESH! I like tanking and I don't like a NIN butting in and taking my fun away, okay? I'm weird, just look at the post title. Me and this Hume female were SUPPOSED to duo tank but I saw no need to let her get knocked in the face by a Mandy.

>.>

<.<

Does that make me sexist?

Aniwaze, the Black mage is having fun, everyone is staying alive and XP is flowing. Yay right? Nay, I was puller and if I'm a bad puller on Thief then imagine me on WAR. I was honestly pretty slow. and the zone was packed with other people. I love people. One of which had stolen one of my best in game friend to power level them >:{D
I didn't like them very much, plus they were slow. I'd see them either resting or killing one Mandy while I was going for seconds or thirds. Thank fully my Buddy, who is a manthra and a GI; let's call him Doc, would come to my aid when I shouted in LS for assistance. To my credit, I didn't die on a pull, I never pulled a link, but I did bring a smithy around. Yea yea, THE goblin smithy. I had to call in Doc for that one. Entirely my bad. Either way I lvled again. 29! But I hadn't packed my Eisen/Kamphf gear, oh wells. I busted out of that party and did a couple of real life things. I think I angered the black mage. >.>
Either way when I get back and through up my "Looking For Group" flag I get another invite. YAY! I'm not puller? YAY! But I'm secondary tank, to a NIN. Hmph. I also have to share tanking rights with a SAM who uses Third eye and then began to get hammered. While I still was getting hit for about 10 DMG each hit with Defense food. Yea, I pack defense food/ >.> After I ding in that party we disbanded about two fights later. Yay? Oh well I'm 30 and so are they. Then I'm off to unlock some jobs that I haven't before. Namely SAM, DRK, and PLD but that is another post for another day/night. Either way I come back.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

glad to see you enjoying ffxi ^^

WAR was the first job that i levelled too when i started out hehe

subsequently with my then-static team i swapped out to NIN (the team needed a tank, & said i was good at nin even though i was raising it as a subjob lol)

Do bring thf to 25; it'd be useful for Flee <- immensely useful if you want to farm or just run around faster in cities.

Or better yet, level up to thf30 at least (37 would be ideal if you can push it), since WAR can benefit with THF as a subjob option (as Damage-dealer WAR with Great-Axe, Sneak Attack at WAR30/THF15 + Trick Attack at WAR60/THF30 + Strumwind weaponskill).

Paul Bauman said...

I remember using Kampf for quite awhile, possibly until the Royal Squire's Chainmail, so you should be fine in that area.

I had a blast tanking with /MNK in the jungles, btw. This was back when people sort of neglected the WAR job in general (I could count the number of 75s on my hands), and it felt good to show off the touted WAR versatility.

Garlaige Citadel became more of a 'PLD or NIN tank onry' area, once I made it there, unfortunately.

And pulling, ugh... It's the one thing that's holding me back from getting Thief to 37.